Friday, December 19, 2014

DECK THE HALLS AND TIS THE SEASON!

Are you searching for someone?
 Yesterday , I finally started dragging out all my Christmas things , with the idea that I could decorate quickly ( yeah , I can be delusional ) and then move on to other things that need to get done before the actual day. It took several days and I still have a few things I want to add. Add a couple of little wooden sisters into the picture....... They were into everything as you will see when you scroll down!



 First, I brought out my favorite Christmas thing and that is my antique wooden creche. It took awhile to figure out exactly how I was going to set it up, but pretty soon, I was all done.




The creche charmed them!

The wise men






 There were wise men on elephants and leading camels, carrying gifts for baby Jesus. There were Shepards herding sheep and lambs.
The shepards and their flock
Oh come all ye faithful!!!!!
Attempting to decorate
Ooooohh, this is the prettiest one! I can see myself....
How about this ?
 The tree was next. This year I decided to keep things simple, which meant only one little feather tree.


 The little sisters thought it was the most beautiful thing they ever saw.  Helping can be a good thing and also a not so good thing.....



 After, I hung up an old pair of stockings on the mantel in the old kitchen fireplace.

 The sisters figured out that goodies were going to end up in those stockings. Off they went upstairs to the little doll trunk to search for the perfect pair.

They disturbed a wee brown bear who was hibernating in with all the doll clothes.  He was surprised, but intrigued by these two sisters...









We should get lot's of goodies in these stockings. Brown bear can come too. We may need him!









Here hand this to brown bear. 
Bears' are good climbers! careful now!
Perfect!!!
What do we have here? Chocolates , gumdrops and peppermint?
Careful Eugenia! 
Gumdrops and peppermint ! My favorites!



Do you see anyone? I think we are safe....

Mmmmmm, yummy yum...




Merry Christmas Brown bear! Have a nice sleep and we will see you in the Spring.

Merry Christmas to you Elena!
And to you too, Eugenia!

And of course, A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Merry Christmas to all of you!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for blessing us all again with a wonderful dolly story. Merry Christmas to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun those sisters have "helping." And what fun we have following along with their tales. A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggy, what a delightful post and what sweet little helpers you have :)) Ohhh i love your dear little feather tree.. it is perfect! Blessings, Marian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful. You are such a wonderful storyteller. Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful story! They get in as much trouble as the prim elf who lives here! The elf on the shelf can't begin to compete!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peggy, you have done it again! And I am going to tell all about this post on Facebook as well as in my blog wherein, again, as before, I will direct everyone to your blog! You are an enchanter. I adore this, and I have our mutual friend, Kathy Patterson, maker of those engaging dolls to thank for notifying me of this charming post. Merry Christmas to you and the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peggy, how beautiful your creative soirit is! The dolls are beautiful. too. :-). Merry Christmas!

    Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peggy this is most delightful and CHARMING! (A post to visit more then once to be sure! :-D
    The antique nativity wooden creche is absolutely wonderful!! No wonder it is your favorite!
    What a treat seeing the adventures of the sweet little sisters!!
    Thank you for adding DELIGHT to my Christmas!!!
    Many BLESSINGS and warmth , Linnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peggy what a wonderful Christmas treat, almost as good as getting to visit with you in person. I miss you! Your house and dolls look beautiful. I love the princess pine wreath <3 I hope you all have a truly special Christmas!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful holiday treat! I so enjoy your posts. Thank you and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! So imaginative! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very fun post. I remember your wooden crèche from a previous Christmas post. So good to see it again. You made your dolls and little brown bear really come to life in this post, I enjoyed their little Christmas adventure very much. Merry Christmas and God bless you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Peggy,

    What a splendid story with Eugenia and Elena discovering the delights of Christmas with the backdrop of your lovely old home! What fun it is to see the creche and the Christmas tree through their eyes! You are a wonderful storyteller and we always enjoy your delightful photographs! What a dear helper little Bear is! We love the photograph of the girls hidden away in the nook with their basket of candy spilled all about the hearth!

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, your family and your Dolls and Bears!

    Your friends,
    Diane and daughter Sarah, and the Dolls at Corgyncombe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Peggy
    You have such a gift for playing with those wooden dolls and sharing the fun with all of us. No one puts life into the dolls that I make like you do and I so enjoy seeing your imagination come to life. Can't wait for the next saga!!
    Merry Christmas and all the best in 2015
    Kathy Patterson
    www.babesfromthewoods.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Peggy,
    Your photos inspire me to remember to play! I love my babe from the woods too! Always love the antics your girls portray! Much love...
    Michi Ball

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Peggy,
    Your delightful post, DECK THE HALLS AND TIS THE SEASON!, is such a joy. It's an inspiration which is not for just the Christmas season. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.
    Billie Jo Monger
    www.billiejomonger.com

    ReplyDelete